There are thousands of different Christian denominations, all teaching different and contradictory things. Only one church goes all the way back to Jesus and the 12 Apostles. Only one church has always taught the same doctrines for 2,000 years. It is on the authority of this church that we have the New Testament, because its authority predates the New Testament and come from Christ himself. If you feel the Holy Spirit prompting you to look at this further, you can go to: http://www.catholicscomehome.org/discover-a-beautiful-faith/ or click on one of the links below:
- CONVERSION STORIES
- WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE DIE?
- WHAT DO CATHOLICS BELIEVE?
- HOW CAN I BECOME CATHOLIC?
- FORMED (A platform for Catholic Courses, movies, e-books, and Bible studies)
- CURIOUS ABOUT THE CATHOLIC FAITH? COME LEARN ABOUT JESUS!
- HOW OLD IS YOUR FAITH TRADITION?
- LIST OF POPES DATING BACK TO ST PETER
- BIBLICAL EVIDENCE FOR CATHOLIC TEACHING
- PROTECTING OUR RELIGIOUS LIBERTY
Pope Francis asked the following question during a homily:
“How is our faith going? Is it strong? Or is it sometimes a little bit superficial? … are we courageous like Peter or a bit lukewarm?”
Peter – he pointed out– did not keep his faith on the low and did not make any compromises because “faith cannot be negotiated.”
“Throughout history, the people of God have always been tempted to chop a piece off faith,” the Pope said. “But when we start to cut down on faith, to negotiate faith, selling it to the highest bidder we take the path of apostasy, we begin to lack faith, lack faith in the Lord.”
Lumen Fidei (The Light of Faith) is the first encyclical letter of Pope Francis